Thursday, June 4, 2009

My greatest passion..

When exactly, this love affair started, I do not know. Vaguely, it was in 2007. The first match I saw was the Olympiakos game, where we made this splendid comeback. This was in 2005. The Liverbird was etched upon my chest around the summer of 2007. Before that, the only games I saw, were the Olympiakos game and the Milan final. I din’t understand a rat’s ass about football in 2005-06, but I saw those two games only because my cousin told me to. If there’s anyone I can say is responsible to paint my heart Red, it is my cousin, Ritvij. I cheered for Liverpool in those two games ONLY because by then, everything your brother in tenth std said was supposed to be cool. I saw the match, and cheered only to please him, but there wasn’t an ounce of passion. End of 2007, I saw some games. Then I started liking the team in Red. It was then that every pass made was a sigh of relief and every goal scored against “us” was accompanied by a grunt of exasperation! I still remember when I first told my cousin about Liverpool F.C and expressed the Red all over my heart, I told him that my second favourite team was Manchester United. Shock, disbelief, anger, frustration and even a sense of pity all at once in his eyes! I thought, “Did I say something wrong?” I asked him whether he liked United too. Bang came the reply, “NO, NEVER..!” The next United game I saw, we lost.Like hell that hurt. I saw those arrogant pricks diving around. I heard the boos in Anfield. Then I realised, we HATE you across the Old Lanc’s Road. And if you are willing to admit your faults, that’s one less fault to admit! It was a fault and I look back at it with great dismay.They say a peacock who sits on his tail is just another turkey. I wasn’t one. I confidently say, without caring if you think I’m blowing my own trumpet, that if I am any more passionate about this club, I will die with heart attack. I don’t claim to be the biggest scouser in terms of knowledge, but really, I don’t see it possible for anyone to be bigger in passion than me. But if there is one thing that pisses me off, it is those wannabe supporters, no matter whichever club they “support”. The thing about these supporters is, they’re like potatoes, their best part is, surely, underground! If there’s one Liverpool fan I really respect, it’s David Hughes, I know him from the LFC Community. He was a fan during the Golden Days of the club, and he saw the club on the decline, still he loves the club like nothing else, and I draw inspiration from him that I’m never going to stop loving this club. Although I love this club, and I’m totally addicted, obsessed, that is not the same with non-LFC football. I admit shamelessly, if there are any matches I see with honest intrest, they are Liverpool matches, and sometimes matches which may influence Liverpool in some way. I usually loathe monotony but I’d rather watch a Liverpool game ten times than other matches. Anyway, I really love this club like nothing else. I don’t know if I’ll ever love my wife or girlfriend as much as this club. I can feel this togetherness with the reds. I can feel Stevie’s heart leaping out of his bosom when mine does, seeing the 4-1 against Manutd. I can feel the urgency in the Red Army when the we aren’t leading. I can feel the nervousness in lads like Lucas when the Kopites are after him during the crucial moments. I can feel the pride in the team’s heart and in Rafa [CONFIAMOS EN RAFA!] when we lifted good old Big Ears . I feel the bitter disappointment in everyone including the warriors watching the match in Anfield when we lose a match. I’m certainly not a lad who cries or weeps at the drop of a hat, but then some crucial games like this season’s Mancity games which we lose due to pure bad luck, I do cry and I feel the Red Army feeling like crying from the heart. Times like these, you feel united with the people at Anfield so far away. I really love this club. My affair with Liverpool Football Club is one that can never end…
Ps- Don't mind the first picture. :P



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit that you are really passionate about Liverpool and thats, maybe, the thing i like the most about you, but please dont insult Man Utd... As it might be potrayed as a jealous reaction or something... Keep posting and joking !!!

    ReplyDelete